LASER HAIR REMOVAL
How It Works
At Bloomed Miami, our hair removal treatment areas range from the smallest to the largest. Our expert professionals will examine your skin and desired treatment areas to ensure that laser hair removal is the lifetime, efficient solution for you. Once this is done, and your treatment areas have been approved, you’ll be eligible for your first session. Sessions can last anywhere from a few minutes to several hours depending on the size and the number of areas being treated. Before the session, you will be given protective gear. If desired, a topical anesthetic will also be provided.
Afterwards, you might experience swelling and redness in the treated area, but don’t worry, these are temporary. Regardless, you will need to avoid direct sun exposure for the amount of time recommended by your medical professional.
Enjoy the life-changing freedom of doing what you want, when you want without worrying about covering unwanted hairs. Best of all? We partner with CareCredit Financing to make your hairless dreams come true. You can learn more about it here.
Laser Hair Removal
BEFORE AND AFTER
The GentleMax Pro Laser is the preferred machine around the world as it provides a non-surgical solution to a variety of problems like healing acne, getting rid of brown spots, and redness, as well as skin tightening.
The GentleMax Pro works by creating a beam of high-intensity light that penetrates deeply into the skin tissue. Once there, it delivers a carefully controlled amount of therapeutic heat to a targeted problem area.
Its versatility is closely accompanied by its reliability and speed – making it the #1 choice for dermatologists today, and you can find it here at Bloomed Miami.
The GentleMax Pro Laser comes standard as a two-wavelength system. It incorporates a 755 nm Alexandrite and a super 1064 nm Nd: YAG laser, resulting in a system that performs to the highest level, with safety in mind.
PRE-CARE & POST-CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- You must shave the hair of the body part to be treated. If you cannot shave yourself, then advise the technician and our staff prior to treatment in order schedule extra time in the appointment and we can do it for you for a fee of $50 per area per occurrence.
- Do not wax, pluck or use depilatories during your series of laser hair reduction
- Avoid sun exposure for 1 to 2 weeks prior to treatment and use SPF 30 daily to ensure coverage against UVB and UVA rays.
- Do not use self-tanning products for 1 to 2 weeks prior to and/or post treatment.
- Discontinue use of Tretinoin type products (Renova, Tretinoin, Retin A, Retin A Micro, Tri-Luma, Solage, etc.) or Hydroquinone at least 2 or 3 days prior to treatment.
- Many medications that are sun sensitive will also make your more sensitive to the laser. Please disclose any medications that you may be taking.
- If you have a history of cold sores, begin prophylactic treatment with Valtrex or similar no later than the day prior to your laser hair treatment.
- Notify the center if you develop a cold sore, acne, open lesions in the area being treated, or experience any type of illness prior to your treatment.
- Longevity of Botox and fillers done any time within 6 months prior to face treatment may be affected. Botox done within 2 weeks prior to treatment is not recommended.
- REMEMBER – Laser hair reduction is never 100%. Industry standard is 75 to 90% reduction in the hairs. Not all hairs will be destroyed. Hormones can cause hair to grow back.
- You may experience small red bumps around the hair follicle. This is normal and expected. Do not pick, rub or scratch these until they have cleared. Your skin overall may be sensitive for several days following your laser hair removal treatment.
- If your skin scabs or crusts, or your experience a burn, do not pick, rub or scratch these areas. Doing so can result in infection, permanent pigment changes in your skin or even scarring. Gently cleanse the area and apply hydrocortisone cream several times a day for one week. If the area is open, also apply a layer of antibiotic ointment over the hydrocortisone cream. Please contact us immediately if you experience any burns.
- Do not sunbathe or use a tanning bed for at least 2 weeks following your treatment. If you need to be out in the sun, wear an SPF 30 minimum.
- Avoid swimming, hot tubs and saunas for several days following your treatment.
- It can take several weeks for the hair in the treated area to “fall out” (push up and out of the follicle). This time frame is normal.
- Do not expect your hair to “not grow back” after a single session. Laser hair removal is a process.
- Subsequent treatment sessions should be 6 to 8 weeks if done on the face and 8 to 12 weeks if done on the body.
- Although rare, infection in the treated area is possible. Signs of infection may include redness and tenderness in the infected area and fever. Should you develop an infection, antibiotics may be necessary. Please contact us should you have any concerns.
Please call our office during normal business hours if you have ANY questions or concerns.